Cryptozoology forums > General Cryptozoology > Sightings talk > view thread
has any one heard of any cryptids in alabama
posted Sat, Jul 29 2006, 7:21am
i was wondering if any one has heard of any cryptids in alabama recently or older.
Re: has any one heard of any cryptids in alabama
posted Sun, Jul 30 2006, 3:53am
the skunk ape is in the SE Region of the U.S.
posted Sun, Jul 30 2006, 7:50am
In 1963 a small group of young men were attacked off Pensacola by what the survivor described as an elasmosaur. Granted that's Florida, but only by about 10 miles distance from the Alabama state line. Assuming that the animal was real, it would have been cruising the coast line from Mobile to Escambia bay at least.
posted Sun, Jul 30 2006, 9:31am
I saw a black panther (and had one other witness with me at the time). It's a fairly common occurance in the SE part of the state. My brother in law was hunting one day and saw what he said was either bigfoot or a black bear. There are bears in the region, but sightings are few and far between. This one walked on it's hind legs for several minutes, and acted very "un-bearlike"
posted Mon, Jul 31 2006, 2:45am
Cool Story:

When I was a little girl, my grandparents lived in Pound Wisconsin. It's very near to Marinette Wisconsin. We were just going over the big bridge leaveing Green Bay Wis, when a huge storm hit.
We were listening to the radio while driving, and the news man said a tornato had just hit where we just were.
We were getting very close to my grandparents home, when my Mom yelled "drive Gerald! Drive!" and she pointed out the back window.
There was a/the tornato behind us on the road. It was only a line coming down from the sky, so Im guessing about a mile or two behind us...but that too close for a tornato as far as Im concerened.
There was a stretch of road less then a mile from my grandparents house where the trees on both sides of the road made a tunnel with their huge branchs.
We had just got to that part of the road. My dad was driving realy realy fast when he slamed on the breaks!
My mom said "Gerald! tornato"! My dad said "Theres a big dog in the road"...we all looked forward, and through the rain we saw this big animal stand up on two legs and stay like that for a while!
It was a big bear! It went onto all fours and ran into the tree line.
Bear in front of us, tornato in back of us! Wow, pretty exciting for a 9 year old kid!

Kim
posted Mon, Jul 31 2006, 2:39pm
In fayetteville Tn, about 15 min away from alabama, in Mcburg there has been sightings of a big black cat crossing the road, next to a cemetary, almost every saturday morning. Strange why its only been seen on Saturdays
posted Mon, Jul 31 2006, 9:44pm
Is it a Jewish cemetery?

Gerry
posted Fri, Aug 11 2006, 5:15am
i live in TN also and i have seen skunk ape in tennesse no data on alabama tho i was there on the 8 of aguast or some time around the start of aguast for my cousins wedding in birmingham alabamy
posted Tue, Aug 1 2006, 9:17am
no!
posted Mon, Sep 11 2006, 6:59am
nor have i so u anit the only one

Close Window