Cryptozoology forums > General Cryptozoology > Main lobby > view thread
Fact or Faked: Nightcrawler?
posted Thu, Jul 29 2010, 10:23pm
I am almost certain that there is probably a thread out there for this, but I don't know how to search the forums!

Have we come to a consensus as to what this thing really is? I find it really eerie but it still screams 'hoax' to me.

If you don't know what I'm talking about I'm referring to Syfy's new paranormal series Fact or Faked
Re: Fact or Faked: Nightcrawler?
posted Thu, Jul 29 2010, 10:36pm
Yeah I saw the show and it strikes me as kind of scripted. I've seen two shows and they've already had two "unexplainable" encounters themselves. For those who haven't seen the show, the first episode, when they're investigating a UFO video they actually "see" what they think is a UFO. And in the second episode when they were going to look for the nightcrawlers creature, their cameras kept going in and out and one got knocked over by "something."

Nightcrawlers
posted Thu, Jul 29 2010, 11:18pm
I agree about the scripted thing- although not as bad as Ghost Hunters or some of those other ones. Destination Truth is still my favorite because they don't take themselves too seriously. And the host is a bit on the hot side...never a bad thing :)

However, the idea of investigating these viral paranormal videos is awesome...I'm really surprised it hasn't been thought of before. I am probably going to keep watching because I love the entertainment value!

Thanks for the link by the way!
posted Fri, Jul 30 2010, 12:31am
Nightcrawler? like x-men nightcrawler...oh hes real alright...real fake
posted Fri, Jul 30 2010, 8:48am
There are three of these scripted "Reality" shows that I enjoy and Destination Truth is one of them. The host is kind of stupid and screams a lot, he reminds me of me. So I like it. My wife agrees with you, she watches it for the hot guy.

The other two are unrelated, but they are Special Ops Mission and Top Shot.
posted Fri, Jul 30 2010, 5:11pm
I love Top Shot! The wife thinks I'm goofy for enjoying it. She doesn't get the skills involved. This from a woman who thinks Big Brother is the height of television drama, lol.
posted Fri, Jul 30 2010, 5:16pm
I love the show but adam is a total jerk
posted Fri, Jul 30 2010, 8:47am
It looked to me like someone on stilts walking really fast with a loosely fitting costume on, but that was just my impression.
posted Fri, Jul 30 2010, 8:55am
I thought this has already been discussed and an egret like bird agreed as the likely culprit

check any video of an egret walking and it is identical to the walk of the "nightcrawler"
posted Sat, Jul 31 2010, 9:30am
It could very well be a hoax, but it must've been very hard to make it move the way it did, as shown in test #1, 2, and 3.
posted Sat, Jul 31 2010, 8:27pm
I think with a few more tries they could have eliminated the side to side sway that they couldn't get rid of.
posted Sun, Aug 1 2010, 3:37am
They probably could've with a few more experiments.
posted Sun, Aug 1 2010, 5:12pm
Perhaps all they needed to do was add some weight to the bottom.
posted Fri, Aug 6 2010, 9:43pm
I agree about the stilts thing...I also thing a pulley system/puppet looked likely. It was definitely a creepy-looking video, even from a skeptic's point of view! I think I like getting the chills from these things, real or not!

Although the show hit a new low yesterday when they suggested that the Beast of Dartmoor could be a lion/boar hybrid. Are you freaking kidding me? They even ended the show with a simulated animation. Shame on them.

It looks just like a boar to me, honestly.
posted Sat, Aug 7 2010, 6:15am
One of, if not the, dumbest shows I've ever seen.

I like Destination Truth. The girl on the show from DT? Easy on the eyes.
But this new show is horrid. It's a comedy. Who directs this stuff? Moreover, who produces it? Who thought this was a good idea?

Bad for cryptos everywhere. Will not have a second season. The worst crypto show I have ever seen. I had to turn this weeks episode off because I couldn't take these goofs anymore. This lead guy was an ex-FBI agent? We're all in trouble if thats true. Besides, he's like 30! He's already an ex?? I wonder why?
This show has to go away.
posted Sat, Aug 7 2010, 7:44am
I had some of the same questions.
posted Sat, Aug 7 2010, 7:08pm
I still hold the opinion that the basis of the show itself is a good idea. But yes, it is very hard to take seriously with the cast they have chosen.

If it had better direction, a better cast, and a little discretion they could have made it an awesome show!
posted Sun, Aug 8 2010, 8:24am
But isn't that true of so many shows today? Especially shows concerning cryptozoology and the paranormal.
posted Sat, Aug 7 2010, 7:43am
I didn't see it, but it sounds like I didn't miss much. A boar/lion hybrid? Really?

Close Window