Cryptozoology forums > General Cryptozoology > Main lobby > view thread
Destination Truth tonight on SciFi Channel
posted Tue, Mar 11 2008, 9:27pm
For those interested it's at 9:00 Central time (USA). This week's topic: Mongolian Death Worm and "haunted ruins".
Re: Destination Truth tonight on SciFi Channel
posted Wed, Mar 12 2008, 7:50am
He made a Tremors reference! Points XD
posted Wed, Mar 12 2008, 8:43am
Gonna watch when it repeats, though I am not sure why. Are they really taking that topic seriously??
posted Wed, Mar 12 2008, 1:07pm
I'm not sure I'm taking THEM seriously. You have to wonder about their methods when they travel to Mongolia in winter to do their searching. If the death worm has any basis in fact, my guess would be some sort of snake which I don't believe would be too active during that time of year. In fact every episode seems to fall along these lines.

"Whoa - what was that?"
"I've got a weird feeling"
"Did you see something move over there?"
"Did you get that on tape?"
"Okay - let's pack it up".
"Our findings were inconclusive".

Oh well - I'm looking forward to the new episodes of MonsterQuest.
posted Wed, Mar 12 2008, 7:14pm
Well, there is Aracella...

Gerry
posted Wed, Mar 12 2008, 7:33pm
Ah Bacon Boy, you have been blinded by her beauty, her name is Araceli, A name I love.

I loved the Rastafarian Mystery Machine.
posted Thu, Mar 13 2008, 12:15am
I figured I'd spelled it wrong, lol. Still, she does tend to make the show somewhat interesting.

Gerry - besides, if I'm not mistaken, weren't there some comments a while back about Josh? Hmmm?
posted Thu, Mar 13 2008, 7:26am
Yes, yes. I like Josh, but there is something about his voice that really turns me off. Almost whiny, nasally.
posted Thu, Mar 13 2008, 5:15pm
Really? I never noticed that. I'll have to pay closer attention. Lord knows, he does ramble on.

Gerry
posted Wed, Mar 12 2008, 9:40pm
Ah-HA!!!! You HAVE been watching!!!! Just needed some 'eye candy' to bring you out of the shadows eh? (The 'bait' work!) LOL!!!

Mark
posted Thu, Mar 13 2008, 12:16am
Gee, I was admiring her...work ethics?

Gerry
posted Thu, Mar 13 2008, 5:02am
Caught the Monster Quest - it was very good, actually. far better show, I think, though the other can be entertaining. Would be far better if they stuck to serious topics. I mean, come on, ghosts and death worms?!?!?!?!? They should leave the ghosts to the pros.
posted Thu, Mar 13 2008, 5:40pm
When it comes to ghosts, there are no pros. Some investigators simply have more and better equipment.

Gerry
posted Sat, Mar 15 2008, 12:58pm
This is true. They didn't have the right equipment, though. Also, my opinion is that they should stay out of the paranormal to be taken more seriously for the other topics.
posted Sat, Mar 15 2008, 8:18pm
I would agree. Although I have an interest in both, and dabble in both as an hobbyist, I do separate paranormal from cryptozoological. I think there is a lot of cross interest in the two fields, but unfortunately, they are too often served in the same pot.

Gerry
posted Sat, Mar 15 2008, 11:27pm
Exactly. One problem with that is that people who might accept unknown animals will run full speed from anything paranormal, so that hurts the case.
posted Sun, Mar 16 2008, 8:34pm
It's funny. You tell people about cryptozoology, and they often look at you like you're nuts. Talk to them about the paranormal, and it seems virtually everyone has a story to tell!

Gerry
posted Mon, Mar 17 2008, 10:28am
You know, that's a valid point. Never thought about it that way, but it's true! That has to say something about people.
posted Mon, Mar 17 2008, 9:41pm
Or ghosts, lol.

Gerry
posted Wed, Mar 12 2008, 11:49pm
This series is lame, in my opinion. To think, I watched it instead of a UFO Hunters re-run.
posted Thu, Mar 13 2008, 8:01am
Destination Truth just seems really fake to me. There have been several incidents that they not only seemed to ignore evidence, but seem to gloss over actual evidence that disproves what they are looking for. Like in a previous episode where they video a tree moving, and they saying something like it must be something huge moving in the tree, yet you can catch a glimpse of what looks like a monkey jumping from one tree to another, causing it to shake.

Granted, I think even the host, which I actually kind of like, takes what he does with a grain of salt, and focuses more on entertainment rather than scientific information, like their lead-in show, Ghosthunters. I must admit that I found their season premiere with the Yeti to actually be pretty good, but last night's episode was very reminiscent of previous episodes that have just been more of the same.

Destination Truth is one of those shows I wouldn't watch if I had something else to do or something else to watch, but seeing it's on at a time when I have nothing else to do, I tend to watch it.
posted Fri, Mar 14 2008, 12:27am
It was really good; funny as usual...

"What are these?"

"Dried Yogurt"

"Wow they really dry these things out, don't they? -eats a peice-"

"Is it good?"

"Oh yeah! Really good!"

"-eats a large peice while Josh spits his out, grimacing-"

"Uhhh!!"

0_N

Close Window