Apparently Cryptozoology DOESN'T Pay
posted Wed, Feb 28 2007, 11:25am
The latest at Cryptomundo.
Re: Apparently Cryptozoology DOESN'T Pay
posted Wed, Feb 28 2007, 11:40am
And the first one.
posted Wed, Feb 28 2007, 8:29pm
So were you the one who sent here the $26.50 RLT.

LOL
posted Wed, Feb 28 2007, 9:56pm
No, but I did buy 2 of his books over the past 2 years.
posted Thu, Mar 1 2007, 8:08am
it is life, face it, not many people really cares about cryptozoology.... only after something is found, they pay attention for five minutes
posted Wed, Feb 28 2007, 8:45pm
Well, who would want to pay a cryptozoologist, when most of "cryptozoology" is rubbish (my "evidence" for this assertion? About 90% of the posts on this site and others)? Lots of people have an aquarium as a hobby; very few can make a living out of it. If Mr. Coleman's books don't sell, then he should seek another job, just like everybody else.. That's life, I suppose. Gondwana
posted Wed, Feb 28 2007, 8:50pm
Just looking at some post topics on the homepage of CZ.com, and wondering how much someone would pay for that:

- sfseaserpent is back!
- silouette man ..in my dad's car
- wierd pony
- lizard man
- A proposal for the idea of dragons
- Kasai rex information
- Chupa revealed (OK, this one's ironic)
- End of the dinosaurs and might-be end of us

How much is that worth??

However, cryptomundo has put up a priceless text by Neil Burgstahler (AKA "bigfootmagnet") on 4th dimensional Bigfoot. At least this one was funny.

Gondwana
posted Wed, Feb 28 2007, 10:16pm
However, cryptomundo has put up a priceless text by Neil Burgstahler (AKA "bigfootmagnet") on 4th dimensional Bigfoot. At least this one was funny.

That's awesome. Here's the link. I had many discussions with him on CZ.com, before he got banned. From what I can tell, he truly believes the stuff he posts.

I like this part:

They were wrong on the communication aspect, because most anybody can communicate with the bigfoot, given the proper instruction.

So these scientists at Lawrence Livermore National Labs were right about a dimension shifting friendly BF, but were wrong about communications.

Then there's this part:

Far more money is spent by the federal government to stifle bigfoot research, than is spent by all bigfoot researchers put together, in my opinion. How? Illegal Email and phone taps. Helicopter and motor vehicle time. Electronics to track cell phones of researchers who failed to remove the battery from their phones even though turned off. Automated telephone harassment equipment. Manhours to both tail and harass researchers.

Wow, I'm really lucky my copy of Roger Patterson's book arrived at all! I was wondering about that helicopter that follows me every time I'm in the field.
posted Thu, Mar 1 2007, 12:34am
Here is the text:
"I listed a source as Stephen Hawkings. I have listed him in the past. All choose to fail to interview him. People are free to poke around Berkeley with the retired professors. Lawrence Berkeley has a science exhibit building that is open to the public. They were fully aware of both the Bigfoot in captivity and the invisibility in 1975. It was common knowledge back then.

Two successful southern Oregon bigfoot researchers by the name of Ray Rosa and Shelly Binkley, had one of the bigfoot that they are working with, transition into an orb in front of their eyes. That will be real easy for you to verify. The orb trick was also first revealed in the Lawrence Livermore Lab Bigfoot Study. I just didn’t post it because I didn’t think that your viewers could handle it.

Invisibility of Bigfoot has been known about since at least the 60’s. People who know about, do not become Bigfoot researchers because they are pretty sure it is a waste of time trying to study something that is invisible most of the time. People who do not know about it, may become Bigfoot researchers because they do not know what they are up against. So the law of natural selection weeds out those who know about Bigfoot invisibility in the ranks of researchers. Sali Sheppard Wolford’s book “Valley of the Skookum”, clearly describes Bigfoot invisibility. Mary Green’s book describes the evidence but fails to reach any conclusion.

I have watched the TBRC video on TV. Let me give you a little help. I communicate with the Bigfoot by whispering in English. I can get them to reply by using branch breaks. So can you. Your researchers believe that by whispering, Bigfoot will not hear you. Wrong! I have audio/video of a Bigfoot going ballistic at 300 yards away, after all I was doing was “thinking” about how some people think that they have the right to kill a Bigfoot. Bigfoot understands both English and even your tiniest thought. Don’t forget that because that is the most important piece of information that a researcher can have.

A fellow Oregon researcher of mine has seen hundreds of Bigfoot. She will not post to the internet for obvious reasons. There is no question in her mind that they are interdimensional, and will drift in and out of our dimension right before her eyes. So the TBRC is pursuing the wrong avenue because they apparently had no one to clue them in. I have had close to 10 bigfoot stand within 10 feet of me. Guess what? They were all invisible but emitted a sensation of an electromagnetic cloud, as well as some other faint electronic snapping, and they were all peaceful. I have a picture of paranormal eyeshine from two likely wood gnomes at 5 feet. Their bodies are invisible. They are the same 4th dimensional people family as Bigfoot. If you are not even thinking about hurting a Bigfoot, then you should have no reason to fear an invisible Bigfoot. All bets are off if you are thinking about hurting, killing or capturing one. Bigfoot research along the paranormal route, is busting out into a sprint, because we have both contact and communication with them. Flesh and blood research is and will always be going absolutely nowhere. Perhaps the TBRC ought to rethink their beliefs and their goals. Oregon is at the extreme cutting edge of Bigfoot Research today. I am unaware of any other area that is even close to achieving any significant new results.

There is just one giant game going on, to try and keep from upsetting too many people about invisibility. My take on invisibility? Invisibility is an inconvenience to proving Bigfoot. The Bigfoot do not use it as a weapon to hurt people who respect them as people. Even when they are invisible, they are concerned that we can see them. They use it as a defensive tool to keep from getting hurt or killed by lunatics with guns. And there are a lot more Bigfoot than anyone can imagine. They live inside the city limits of Portland, Oregon, and in most woods that are larger than 5 acres around here. They just do not often come into our dimension to get shot."
Food for thought
Neal Burgstahler
February 17, 2007

"The inconvenience proof.....priceless!" - shen
posted Sat, Mar 3 2007, 5:00am
What a quack.It's guys like that that make this feild untouchable by most reasearches.By calling it a form of paranormal study.
posted Fri, Mar 2 2007, 7:47am
Why did he get banned from CZ.com if he was a major researcher?
posted Sat, Mar 3 2007, 7:13am
Uh, well... I guess he could be considered a major researcher, if he really does what he says he does. His theories are a little outside the box. But that's not why he was banned. Unlike some other forums, you can pretty much say whatever you want here, as long as you are respectful. That was the problem. For some reason the people with the most outlandish claims in this forum have tended to be the ones who quickly resort to personal attacks when they are questioned. He called some people names and/or questioned their intelligence. He was warned, but continued to break the rules. Too bad, because I enjoyed debating him and he really livened up the Hominids folder when he was here.
posted Tue, Mar 6 2007, 8:20am
Ah, I see, thank you. That makes sense then. Many times people who do have something to hide go to the most obvious lengths to hide it.
posted Thu, Mar 8 2007, 5:17am
I must agree with you, for the most part. And I am assuming you are referring to Mr. Coleman as Loren Coleman, not Jerry Coleman. In any case, if we look past the income issue, Loren and / or Jerry is a most devoted and sincere researcher. One might not agree with his /their conclusion, but one should respect them. I doubt that Loren nor I would ever reveal any personal information, in as far as income or tax returns, simply to prove a point.

I guess this issue was brought forth by Road Less Traveled. But Road Less Traveled is not to be taken seriously - at least not by me and a few others in the know. But that is a behind the scenes issue that few will ever know of -- unless pushed.
posted Wed, Feb 28 2007, 11:10pm
Too bad. But then again, perhaps if he made his books a little more affordable, he would sell more of them. Those seemed like outrageous prices to me.

Gerry
posted Wed, Feb 28 2007, 11:57pm
I agree. I get the TAPS Paranormal Mag and Loren has written a piece in each of the last 2 issues. I enjoyed his articles and probably would enjoy his books. But for those prices, forget it.
posted Thu, Mar 1 2007, 1:18am
I have an extra copy of Bigfoot! The True Story of Apes in America if you want it. It was a Christmas gift from somebody who didn't know I already had a copy. No charge to you, J.
posted Thu, Mar 1 2007, 1:14am
I bought mine from Amazon.com at a large discount.
posted Thu, Mar 1 2007, 6:05am
To be fair, the prices that Loren listed in those posts are for books delivered postpaid to any US address. He has also said that he will personally inscribe and autograph the books. And, some are out of print now. It's pretty standard to pay more for a first edition, personalized by the author.
posted Thu, Mar 1 2007, 9:51pm
Postpaid? It doesn't cost that much to mail a book. Done that before. I do understand your point about first editions.

But we need to remember that there are really two and only two variables that determine value. What someone is willing to pay and what someone is willing to accept. If the seller isn't willing to accept a lower price, he will sell little or no product. If the buyer finds the price too high, he won't buy.

Now, since cryptozoological books are really a niche market commodity, the overall demand for such books will be lower than for a general mass market product, such as a Tom Clancy novel.

So while I have no doubt someone may be willing to pay those prices, the pool of potential buyers will be much smaller. He may want to consider reducing his prices and increasing his volume.

Personally, I wouldn't pay nearly that much for even an autographed, first edition copy of ANY crypto book.

But then again, I often spend hours in a book store and buy nothing...

Gerry
posted Fri, Mar 2 2007, 5:02am
LOL so do I !
posted Fri, Mar 2 2007, 5:24am
I really like Cryptomundo. I hope that it will not be discontinued.
posted Fri, Mar 2 2007, 8:05pm
I know you post there a lot.

Gerry
posted Thu, Mar 1 2007, 8:08am
I am having trouble trying to justify paying $75 for Alan Moore's "Lost Girls" 3-book hardcover, let alone a CZ book. Geez.
posted Thu, Mar 1 2007, 8:45am
I don't hear anyone complaining about a $20.00 price tag on Harry Potter books at Wal-Mart -- no less.

Let's face it fellas (and ladies) cryptozoology fans are really fishermen -- it's just that their fish hooks are kept in their wallet pockets.
posted Thu, Mar 1 2007, 9:56pm
But Harry Potter has mass appeal while crypto books, as I told Kittenz, are niche books. With the greater demand, there is room to increase the price of the Potter books.

Gerry
posted Thu, Mar 1 2007, 8:40pm
Squeeze the trigger Tony. It's ALAN MOORE! You won't be dissapointed.

Tip of the day, pick up Moore's book, A Voice in the Fire and the novella, A Small Killing if you don't already have 'em.
posted Thu, Mar 1 2007, 12:01pm
well, maybe that's why it is the road less traveled...

-dan
posted Fri, Mar 2 2007, 3:20am
Maybe his standard of living is too high? If you can write a book every year or two and scientifically, and honestly examine evidence and the facts, one could make good money with cryptozoology. So, either his lifestyle is to rich or his credibility is finally suffering.
posted Fri, Mar 2 2007, 8:09pm
I don't think Loren is a high roller when it comes to lifestyle. I don't know the man but I do know his brother and it seems Loren is pretty sensible when it comes to those things.

Gerry
posted Sat, Mar 3 2007, 9:16pm
The only crypto book I have ever purchased after the age of 25 was The Encyclopedia of Cryptozoology. It was a great bathroom reader, short articles that covered most of the unknown or fictional animals. I guess by the time I was 14 I had checked out of the library all the books they had on cryptids, they had a surprisingly large collection. I went off to college and graduated with a BS in Marine Bio with a minor in fisheries and hatcheries, and the lack of evidence combined with the lack of a lot of people not following scientific method, made me lose interest as far as the books are concerned. The eye witness accounts were fascinating at 14. But they begin to meld together after reading so many. I wonder if that happened to anyone else, might be the cause for decline in purchasing cryptid books. Please note that I said MOST, NOT ALL,lol, in regards to the scientific method. Also, I WANT to know if I am wrong, answers to questions only lead to more questions which is great. But it seems that several well known people in the crypitd community attack others and one another when questioned, which is the ANTITHESIS of Bacon's scientific method. I can see some understanding of that as well, from the ridicule of the scientific community, I, too would probably be a bit cranky after awhile. But you have to have evidence other than sightings,it has to be repeatable and stand up to a peer to peer review. I also get upset by the amazing number of "cryptids" that are found each year, insects and smaller fishes, etc,etc. Which apparently isn't "sexy" enough for either the news media or for some researchers, it seems. And since creationist have gotten involved as a way to prove their young earth theory, it has put even more splotches on the attempt to make cryptozoology a respected science. Makes me sad, Just my opinion.
posted Mon, Apr 9 2007, 8:17pm
I have supported 'The Cause' everytime I have met Loren in person. Before the Texas Bigfoot Organization stop having yearly conferneces i donated money every year. If Cryptomundo needs funds then they should ask in person.

Close Window